This Webinar explores:
- Men’s presenting issues that may reflect a history of childhood sexual abuse.
- Resources and options for men who have experienced childhood sexual abuse
- Common coping strategies used that may be related to childhood sexual abuse
- Ways men may respond differently from women to a history of abuse.
- Availability of resources for male survivors
- Social/cultural norms for men that inhibit male survivors from reaching out for help
- Self-care issues that may arise when working with male survivors
- Impact of abuse and resources for secondary survivors (family and loved ones)
This is a non-clinical webinar exploring the effects of childhood sexual abuse and how a trauma-informed response to presenting issues can increase our capacity to help men heal.