Wednesday, October 22—Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:00AM-4:00PM
Embassy Suites, 4705 Clydesdale Parkway, Loveland, Colorado
Pre-registration is required (see below). Check-in for those registered begins at 7:30AM.
No cost to Colorado participants.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: administrators, teachers, school safety teams, school/community mental health, law enforcement responsible for school safety.
* Communicating about School Safety and the Media
* Using Social Norming in Schools
* No Place for Hate
* Preventing Youth Suicide in Colorado
* Signs of Suicide
* Using the Colorado Framework for School Behavioral Health Services
* Campus Attacks: Pre-Attack Behavior Indicators
* Safe2Tell Conversation Jumpstarts
* Characteristics of Effective School Resource Officer Programs
* The Heart-Mind Connection: Secret to Engaging Students
* Lifeskills Training (LST)
* Special Olympics
* Using Humanities to Foster Empathy and Action
* Students Who Tell about Bullying and Suicide
* Trauma in Schools
* Starting and Supporting a GSA
* Upstream Prevention: Using Strength-Based Wellness
* Understanding Social Media
* Human Trafficking
* Relationship Building for School Security
* Restorative Practices
How to Register for this Event on the CO Train System
Registration for this Event is on the CO Train System at
Search for this event by Course ID: 1052344. Click on the title of the conference, “2014 Colorado Safe Schools Summit”.
Questions about the training or registration? Please contact the Colorado School Safety Resource Center at 303-239-4435.