Interim Executive Director
Website Advocates-Crisis Support Services
Advocates – Crisis Support Services is committed to the empowerment of individuals and the elimination of emotional and physical violence. Advocates is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization supported by federal, state, and local grants, donations and in-kind support of community partners and volunteers. ACSS has provided victims’ rights, services and advocacy in Moffat County since 1978. ACSS’ free, confidential services are for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, child sexual assault, teen dating violence, and stalking. ACSS also provides services for crime and trauma victims. Our programs include: Family, Child and Youth Advocacy; Safe Shelter for victims and their children; 24-hour Crisis Hotline and Response; Latina Outreach Services; Special Victim Outreach; and Crime and Trauma Services.
POSITION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Under the direction of the ACSS Board of Directors, the Executive Director will carry out the following:
GRANT ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT DUTIES:
1. Demonstrate proficiency in grant writing, reporting and implementation.
2. Provide comprehensive fund development to fulfill the financial needs of the organization.
3. Work closely with the Accounting Manager to formulate budgets, grant applications and reports, payroll, taxes, and financial reports to the Board.
4. Assure adequate control and accounting of all incoming and outgoing funds.
5. Maintain and execute various compliance documents on a federal, state and local level in a timely and accurate manner.
6. Formulate strategies and developmental plans for the welfare of the agency.
PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT DUTIES:
1. Recruit, hire, supervise and evaluate employees in an effective manner.
2. Provide leadership and guidance to the staff.
3. Support and promote unity and cooperation among employees.
4. Ensure compliance with personnel policies and job descriptions.
5. Delegate appropriately – divide and assign work effectively.
6. Encourage staff development and education.
7. Oversee volunteer training efforts and provide presentations and education for staff, volunteers, Board members, and the community.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serve as an effective spokesperson for the agency. Represent the agency and its mission in the community.
2. Be a liaison between the agency and all other organizations and officials.
3. Work with other staff for community awareness. Schedule and carry out presentations to community agencies and local funders.
4. Oversee public relation efforts including public awareness and media campaigns.
5. Ensure that the organization maintains positive working relationships with community agencies including law enforcement and the judicial system, local government, human service organizations, schools, churches, etc.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND AGENCY MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure accurate and timely information is provided to the Board.
2. Formulate strategies and developmental plans for the welfare of the agency.
3. Provide training and education for staff, volunteers, Board members, and the community.
4. Establish priorities that make the most effective use of staff and time. Demonstrate good decision-making skills.
5. Work professionally and comfortably in extremely sensitive situations while thinking clearly and quickly.
6. Demonstrate understanding of victims and their rights. Keep apprised of new research and information in all areas of victimology.
7. Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
8. Participate in ACSS initial training and attend all ongoing trainings as required by grants.
9. Maintain confidentiality.
1. Pass a background check
2. Must be at least 21 years old
3. BA and at least 3 years related work experience
4. Computer competence with all Microsoft Office programs
5. Dependable vehicle and valid Colorado driver’s license and proof of insurance
6. Open to occasional travel
7. Willing to be a back-up for on-call workers
8. Bi-lingual a plus
9. Other duties as assigned
Salary range: $47,000 – $53,000 plus benefits.