Financial & Grants Manager
Job Title: Financial and Grants Manager
Starting Salary: $48,000-$52,000 annually
Benefits: Generous PTO and holidays; 100% employer paid premiums for employee medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible workplace
Work Status: Full Time; Exempt; schedule may vary to meet job demands; occasional overnight travel required
Reports to: Executive Director
The Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CCASA) is a statewide membership organization promoting safety, justice, and healing for survivors while working toward the elimination of sexual violence. Our membership includes over 100 sexual assault survivors, victim advocates, rape crisis centers, dual domestic violence and sexual assault programs, college and university campuses, law enforcement agencies, district attorney and judicial district offices, medical professionals, public health and government agencies, offender treatment programs, as well as other organizations and concerned individuals throughout Colorado. As a statewide coalition, CCASA supports our members, partners, and the broader community through training, technical assistance, information and referrals, educational materials, statewide systems change, and public policy education and advocacy.
The Financial and Grants Manager is a new position that is responsible for managing the organization’s finances and grants; providing administrative support for the organization; and providing training and technical assistance to CCASA members on issues related to financial and grant management. This position plays a key role in managing subcontracts for local grant project partners.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop, implement, and manage the organization’s annual budget of over $1 million; monitor progress and changes; and keep the Executive Director and Board of Directors apprised of the organization’s financial status.
- Perform bookkeeping and accounting functions, including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and accounts reconciliation.
- Coordinate monthly Finance Committee meetings with Board Treasurer, including submitting monthly financial reports to the Finance Committee.
- Communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements to the Board of Directors and Executive Director.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual fiscal year closure process, including the annual audit process. Liaise with external auditors and the Finance Committee; ensure annual tax forms are prepared and submitted in a timely manner; and assess and communicate any changes as needed.
- Update and implement all necessary financial policies and procedures, and accounting practices to ensure compliance with current laws.
- Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage vendor contracts.
- Work with broker and Executive Director to select and manage employee insurance and benefits plans.
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded and disposed of as appropriate.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of agency financial status and needs.
- Prepare and submit financial reporting materials for all funding sources, ensuring compliance and financial reporting procedures are followed; serve as the agency’s fiscal point of contact with funders.
- Manage grant subcontracts, ensuring compliance with all financial and administrative requirements, including conducting on-site monitoring visits.
- Prepare and submit invoices to funders.
- Provide general office support, including ordering office supplies and maintaining office equipment.
- Provide support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Provide support, consultation, training, and technical assistance to CCASA members related to financial and grant management.
- Staff other CCASA committees as needed.
- Carry out all job tasks collaboratively and cooperatively.
- Help inform CCASA’s developing understanding and integration of culturally-relevant, empowerment, and strength-based strategies within an anti-oppression and social justice framework.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Additional experience may be substituted for required education.
- Demonstrated expertise and success in nonprofit financial management, including bookkeeping/accounting.
- Demonstrated expertise and success in managing federal grants, particularly VAWA programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Quickbooks.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple priorities and meet recurrent time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to safeguard confidential information in a professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Commitment to grappling with the complexities of societal power and privilege in order to create an inclusive movement to end sexual violence.
- Commitment to a working environment that prioritizes collaboration, respect, and equality.
- Comfort with working in a small, team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with Colorado and federal funding agencies in the victim services field.
- Understanding of state coalition structure, objectives, and funding processes.
- Ability to articulate how multiple forms of oppression (racism, classism, heterosexism, ableism, etc.) intersect with CCASA’s work to end sexual violence.
- Understanding of sexual violence issues.
CCASA values diverse life experience and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color and people who are bilingual/bicultural, Native/Indigenous, with disabilities, and/or identify as LGBTQI are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter addressing why you want to work at the Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault and how your knowledge, skills, and experience fit with the job responsibilities and requirements, and your resume, as separate attachments to:
- Email: email@example.com with “FGM Position” in subject line (preferred)
- Mail: CCASA, PO Box 40350, Denver, CO 80204
Please follow these instructions to ensure review of your application. Position open until filled. Review of applications will begin Monday, October 23rd.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org