Website Rocky Mountain Victim Law Center
1.0 full-time equivalent, Salaried, Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The mission of the Rocky Mountain Victim Law Center (RMvlc) is to transform the criminal justice system to consistently honor the voice of every victim and vigorously safeguard victims’ rights. RMvlc is seeking an Intake Specialist who is highly compassionate and organized. In collaboration with other staff members and offers key assistance and support to clients who seek RMvlc’s services. The Intake Specialist responds to initial inquiries for services; completes client intakes; and conducts individual needs assessments for victims, service providers, and others seeking information and support.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
• Schedule and conduct initial needs assessments and intakes with victims and service providers.
• Conduct initial intakes for technical assistance requests.
• Work RMvlc staff members and clients to determine and meet needs to enforce their Victims’ Rights Act rights.
• Provide victim advocacy and support.
• Maintain necessary case files and documentation for clients.
• Actively participate in daily and weekly team case review meetings.
• Schedule presentations and trainings for the Staff Attorney, Legal Director, Client Service Director, and Executive Director related to enforcing victim rights throughout Colorado.
• Maintain RMvlc’s website (www.rmvictimlaw.org) at the direction of the Executive Director.
• Participate in community collaboration meetings as appropriate.
• Provide support and training to the intern program as requested.
• Assist in gathering grant data.
• Provides basic administrative support as requested.
• Provides court accompaniment as needed.
• Some statewide travel required (as directed).
• Other duties as necessary.
The Intake Specialist reports to the Client Services Director.
• Bilingual Spanish-speaking strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or similar degree and 1-3 years of related experience.
• An understanding of trauma and experience working with crime victims.
• Demonstrated understanding of victim issues and a passion for RMvlc’s mission.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Exceptional time-management and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize projects.
• Computer literacy including Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Conflict management skills.
• Demonstrated high level of diplomacy, sound judgment, and discretion when dealing with clients, donors, volunteers, and other community professionals.
• High degree of energy, self-motivation, flexibility, and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of the criminal justice system and Title IX, preferred.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history to Emily Tofte Nestaval, Executive Director via email at email@example.com. Please include “Intake Specialist” in the subject line. Application materials will be accepted until the position is filled, however applications received prior to July 18, 2018 will be given priority.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org