Legal Information Network of Colorado (LINC) Lead Navigator
Website Rocky Mountain Victim Law Center
Class: Full-time; Salaried; Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Program: Legal Information Network of Colorado (LINC)
Reports to: Legal Information Network Director
The Lead Navigator is a full-time, grant funded position for the Legal Information Network of Colorado (LINC) program, a grant-funded program housed at Rocky Mountain Victim Law Center (RMvlc). The Lead Navigator oversees the operation of the LINC helpline and website. The Lead Navigator is responsible for answering and responding to calls to the LINC helpline (from client’s, other Navigators, and service providers), and for providing legal information and referrals. The Lead Navigator has an in-depth understanding of the various legal systems and provides services in a victim-centered and trauma-informed way. The Lead Navigator maintains contact with community navigators and abreast of the resources available to crime victims throughout Colorado. The Lead Navigator is also responsible for updating and maintaining the LINC website.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to calls on the helpline and conduct intakes as appropriate.
- Provide clients, Navigators, and other service providers who contact LINC with information about how the legal systems, both criminal and civil, work and about specific legal issues.
- Provide clients, Navigators, and service providers with legal resources and referrals as appropriate.
- Coordinate monthly Navigator meetings.
- Support training and ongoing needs of Navigators.
- Track all surveys and assessments in conjunction with the Legal Information Network Director and Principal Researcher’s assessment tools.
- Support modifications and development of the Navigator manual as needed.
- Assist with communication between LINC Navigators and LINC through a variety of methods, including teleconferences, list-serves, webinars, trainings, and meetings.
- Complete surveys with clients per LINC and RMvlc policies and procedures.
- Collect client and caller data per LINC and RMvlc policies and procedures.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the LINC website, including resource and other updates.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required by LINC and RMvlc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Spanish bilingual strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the civil and criminal legal systems.
- Understanding of the interplay of victim dynamics, victim trauma, and the response of victims involved in both the criminal and civil legal systems.
- Experience working in collaboration and partnership with other victim service providers and multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and initiative.
- Computer literacy including MS Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- High degree of energy, self-motivation, and flexibility.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary history by email to Emily Tofte Nestaval, Executive Director at email@example.com. Please include “LINC Lead Navigator” in the subject line.
Application materials will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications received prior to March 16, 2018 will be given priority.
No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org