CCASA Student Network Rapid Response Training
We anticipate the campus sexual assault bill to be introduced TOMORROW, Friday the 13th, where it will then be assigned to committee of reference for debate.
In preparation for the bill’s introduction, CCASA Student network is hosting a rapid rapid response training this Friday, April 13th from 1:30-4 pm at our office at the Rose Andom Building located at 1330 Fox Street, Suite 2 Denver, CO. This training will be facilitated by Jess Davidson who is the Executive Director of End Rape on Campus.
Topics that will be included in this training include:
– Understanding this bill, and the impact it may have on students
– Turning personal narratives into compelling messaging and talking points
– Developing messaging for different potential bill outcomes
– Preparing rapid response and mobilization plans to be prepared for bill introduction
Also if you are unable to attend this training, don’t worry. There are plenty of other opportunities for legislative advocacy on this bill (i.e. contact your legislators and members of the committee for where the bill will be assigned to ask for their support of the bill, plan to attend the CCASA press conference the day the bill is up in committee, invite friends and family to engage in a letter writing campaign, etc.). Be on the lookout for additional communications from me on ways to get involved with this bill.
Getting to our office:
- Driving: Take the Colfax Avenue exit off of I-25 and turn East (towards downtown and the Capitol). Drive on Colfax Avenue until you reach Fox Street and make a right. There is construction going on so you will have to drive around the block to access our office from the one-way street (Fox Street) that runs north. There is guest parking located under our building (Rose Andom) building. If that is full there are several pay-to-park lots located on and around Fox Street. If you have difficulty or trouble parking please feel free to contact CCASA staff member Medha Gudavalli at (303) 523-7490.
- Light Rail: Take the D, F or H light rail lines to the Colfax at Auraria station. Then walk East on Colfax avenue for 0.3 a mile until you reach Fox Street. Take a right onto Fox Street and walk a block and a half down. The Rose Andom building will be on your left.
Can’t come to our training? No problem! There are plenty of opportunities to get involved! Send an email to email@example.com for more information.