CSU Women and Gender Advocacy Center
The Women and Gender Advocacy Center provides programs and resources focusing on all genders, social justice, and interpersonal violence prevention. Additionally, the WGAC provides advocacy and support for victims of sexual violence, stalking, sexual harassment, relationship violence, and adult survivors of sexual assault. Our purpose is to provide a safe and affirming space for the students we serve at Colorado State University, while supporting systemic change to end all forms of oppression within our community.
The Program Coordinator for Victim Advocacy in the Women and Gender Advocacy Center is a full-time, 12-month position. The priority for the Program Coordinator for Victim Advocacy position is to serve as a confidential advocate for survivors of sexual assault, interpersonal violence, stalking, relationship violence, and adult survivors of child sexual abuse. This position will also work very closely with the Assistant Director of Victim Advocacy at the Women and Gender Advocacy Center to ensure that our Center is providing support for primary and second-hand survivors from a social justice/intersectional framework in the best ways possible. The Coordinator will need to be very familiar with on and off campus resources and partners to best serve the CSU community.
• Bachelor’s degree in, Liberal Arts, Psychology, or a social science related field plus one full year, post-degree related experience or earned master’s degree in, Social Work, Counseling, Student Affairs in Higher Education, or a social science related field strongly preferred
• Demonstrated experience working with survivors of sexual violence, stalking, sexual harassment, relationship violence, and adult survivors of sexual assault
• Ability to understand and articulate sex and gender-related needs and concerns from a social justice/intersectional/multicultural perspective that incorporates all aspects of identity
• Demonstrated direct experience and understanding working with and supporting diverse populations (i.e. race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, class, religion, etc)
• Available to work evenings and weekends as necessary to best meet the needs of our students
• Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date
Proposed Annual Salary Range: $45,000-46,000
For full consideration, please apply by 5/17/2021, 11:59 pm (MT) at: https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/86257
To apply for this job please visit jobs.colostate.edu.