Website Rocky Mountain Victim Law Center
1.0 full-time equivalent, Salaried, Exempt
Rocky Mountain Victim Law Center (RMvlc) elevates victims’ voices, champions victims’ rights, and transforms the systems impacting them.
RMvlc is seeking a Grants & Finance Manager (GFM). Currently, RMvlc manages over 14 local, state, and federal grants that total nearly $1.5 million in revenue annually. The GFM will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all financial expenditure requirements, compiling narrative and financial grant reports, overseeing, and ensuring RMvlc is meeting its grant obligations with support of the management team at RMvlc. The Grants and Finance Manager will also be responsible for compiling monthly financial reports for the Executive Director.
RMvlc’s ideal candidate will share a passion for RMvlc’s mission, dedication to our Core Values, and have a commitment to providing services to victims of crime in a trauma‐informed and victim‐centered manner. We also expect our team members to recognize that violence and oppression are inextricably linked, to demonstrate a dedication to grappling with the complexities of societal power and privilege, and to recognize and address personal biases. Candidates must as also be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals, groups, and organizations.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
• Grant fiscal management:
o review all grant agreement letters,
o monitor grant receivables,
o prepare actuals-based interim and final grant reports based on budgets and Year-To-Date actuals,
o support expense allocations to grants,
o review and prepare required grant forms for vendors and contractors,
o prepare monthly grant spend reports, and
o support quarterly forecast process for grant revenue
• Stay current on federal and state grant regulations to ensure compliance.
• Review and allocate all invoices submitted for approval by the Executive Director.
• Scan all bills to accountant on a weekly basis.
• Print checks and process ACH payments on a bi-weekly basis.
• Maintain monthly grant spreadsheets.
• Track overall award balances, beginning/ending dates, grant type and CFDA# (if applicable), any special conditions or restrictions, and maintain grant spend projections.
• Work with leadership team to ensure that all grant obligations are being met in a timely fashion.
• Draft budgets and budget narratives for grant applications.
• Assist in identifying and prospecting new grant opportunities for the organization.
• Maintain grant & financial files & ensure compliance with RMvlc’s policies and funder regulations.
• Organize monthly reimbursement requests for funders and create invoices for billing.
• Responsible for submitting payroll and keeping employee payroll profiles updated as necessary.
• Assist with payroll reports including entering timesheet allocations for accountant on a monthly basis.
• Responsible for opening mail and making deposits when necessary.
• Responsible for overseeing cash management policies during fundraising and other events as needed.
• Draft all financial and narrative grant reports per funder requirements for Executive Director approval.
• Assist with the drafting and finalization of budgets and attachments for grant applications.
• Provide leadership in preparation for organization’s annual audits.
• Collaborate with the Executive Director in the development of the annual agency budget.
• Assist with other administrative duties as necessary.
• Other duties as necessary.
Accountability: The Grants and Finance Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Qualifications: Applicants do not need to possess all of the following qualifications. Research shows women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs where they do not meet all of the listed qualifications. If you don’t meet all qualifications but think you would be a good fit for the position, please apply.
• Prior experience managing both financial compliance and obligation completion of complex federal or state grants.
• Prior experience writing budget proposals for grant applications.
• Experience working as a team to implement and accomplish the goals of the organization.
• Experience with, and commitment to, grappling with the complexities of societal power and privilege in order to understand how multiple forms of oppression (racism, classism, heterosexism, ableism, etc.) intersect with RMvlc’s work.
• Proven history of taking initiative, being self-motivated, a high-level of attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
• Exceptional time-management and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
• Computer literacy including, but not limited to, QuickBooks and Microsoft Office products and demonstrated success in learning new technology.
• Demonstrated high level of diplomacy, sound judgment, strong boundaries, and discretion when dealing with funders and community partners.
• Demonstrated passion for RMvlc’s mission.
• Strong verbal skills and high level of empathy.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize projects.
• Conflict management skills.
RMvlc values diverse life experience and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color,
people with disabilities, and/or people who identify as LGBTQIA+ are strongly encouraged to
Hiring Range: $50,000 – $67,000
• 100% employer paid health, vision, and dental insurance,
• Matching contribution to 401K Retirement after 1-year of service,
• Open vacation time,
• Paid sick time,
• Remote work options, and a
• Monthly cell phone use reimbursement.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and references via email to Executive Director, Emily Tofte Nestaval, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Grants and Finance Manager”. Position will be open until filled. Applications received prior to (July 30, 2022) will be given priority.
No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to info@RMVictimLaw.org