Website The Alliance
empowering individuals beyond domestic and sexual violence
Part-time position provides leadership and coordination of the development and activities of county-specific Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) in Chaffee County. A SART is a multidisciplinary, interagency collaboration that unites its members in a coordinated victim-centered and offender-focused approach to providing specialized sexual assault intervention services to the community. The position assists with ensuring collaboration between all agency members of the SART.
Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience. Position is grant-funded.
Reports to: Executive Director
1. Develop and maintain a sustainable SART program with the goal of improving services to adult and adolescent sexual assault victims, sexual assault investigation, evidence collection, and prosecution.
2. Work with medical personnel in the community to enhance a medical-forensic exam program for adult and adolescent sexual assault victims.
1. Coordinate effective interagency collaboration to generate a coordinated response team to meet the needs of adolescent and adult sexual assault survivors
2. Staff the community SART program and its activities, including planning and conducting monthly SART meetings
3. Maintain regular communication with SART members to ensure consistent participation in SART activities
4. Coordinate SART trainings and assist, if necessary, with the coordination of medical-forensic exam training. Also coordinate professional development and system improvement on behalf of survivors of sexual violence.
5. Provide leadership and facilitation in the development and implementation of SART policies and protocols
6. Provide monthly update reports to the SART team and ED of The Alliance
7. Attend trainings and maintain communications with other SART coordinators around the state
8. Collect and report data as required. Develop and implement system for measuring impact and effectiveness of SART.
9. Oversee human resources and clinical quality of Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners in collaboration with SANE Coordinator
Bachelor degree in related field or 3 years of relevant experience
Pass a criminal history record check
Possess a valid Colorado driver’s license and automobile insurance
Outstanding oral and written communication skills
Ability to communicate effectively, problem solve, and work well with people from diverse backgrounds
Must be able to work independently with limited direction and meet deadlines
Must be able to maintain confidentiality
Organized, detail orientated, and flexible.
Able to identify and respond to shifting priorities
Flexible hours, e.g. some evenings and weekends
Experience with sexual assault response and knowledge of SART best practices
Proven ability to work with stakeholders from multiple disciplines and develop collaborative relationships
Attend 15 hours of domestic violence and 30 hours of sexual assault training
Attend Crime Victims Rights and Compensation Training annually
Travel throughout Chaffee County and surrounding communities as needed
Willing to serve on an on-call, on-scene response team along with the DV/SA investigators (when appropriate)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org