Website The Blue Bench
Job Title: Case Manager/Victim Advocate
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Reports To: Advocacy Manager
Job Summary: This position serves as an advocate for victims of sexual assault as they navigate through the criminal justice, medical and social service communities. The Case Manager assists clients with accessing needed resources, developing support systems and provides emotional support and crisis management to clients through the process of moving from victim to survivor. This includes working a flexible schedule during on-call shifts to provide hospital advocacy to victims of sexual assault.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Case management, victim advocacy or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in human services, social work, psychology, counseling, sociology preferred or equivalent related experience.
- Bi-lingual skills in English and Spanish preferred.
- Have a basic understanding of the issues surrounding sexual assault
- Must have flexible schedule for on-call coverage.
- Ability to offer emotional support and crisis management for victims of sexual assault
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other victim service providers.
- Have an understanding or commitment to learning about cultural influences on behavior in multicultural communities. Must be able to work with diverse communities.
- Understanding or commitment to learning about the impacts of identity and culture or background on experiences of sexual violence
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting as well as initiate and execute work responsibilities independently.
- Innovative and creative problem solver.
- Strong organizational Skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete required forty (40) hours of Hotline Training, and eight (8) hours of Hospital Response training and be on-call for both the 24-hr hotline and 24-hr hospital response programs.
- Meet with victims at the hospital to provide advocacy, emotional support, and to inform them of The Blue Bench’s and other community services.
- Conduct comprehensive client needs assessments to collect functional (financial, employment, educational, physical & mental health) information as appropriate to create an effective case management plan.
- Maintain regular contact with caseload. Remain organized and diligent around client needs and follow up contact
- Follow the Sexual Assault Response Team protocols in numerous Judicial Districts.
- Accompany victims to the police department to file a sexual assault report; liaise and coordinate with detectives and police department victim advocates.
- Meet with victims at the local Family Justice Centers.
- Accompany victims to court regarding the criminal case or civil protection orders
- Assist clients in applying for Victim Compensation or other needed assistance
- Provide victims with resources and referrals; participate in maintaining comprehensive databases of resources and contacts
- Collaborate with hotline volunteers to provide direct and/or emergency services for clients. Provide support to and consultation to volunteers who are on call.
- Participate in hotline volunteer trainings.
- Participate in weekly supervision with the Advocacy Manager
- Enter into data base client services contacts and activities completed on a regular basis.
Other Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend various community meetings as appropriate or requested.
- Collaborate with other agencies to provide training or informational presentations.
- Attend other community events, activities etc. as appropriate or requested.
- Attend staff meetings and other organization events and activities.
- Attend client services and advocacy team staff meetings
- Represent The Blue Bench services and partnerships in the community.
- Participate in agency-wide, cross-departmental committees, as needed (i.e. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, Wellness Committee, etc.)
- Assist in other tasks as needed.
The Blue Bench is metro Denver’s only comprehensive sexual assault prevention and survivor support center.
The Blue Bench offers a comprehensive benefit package, including an employer contribution towards your medical, dental and vision insurance; paid life and LTD; company 401K retirement plan; paid time off and holiday time.
The salary range for the case manager position is $36-40K annually.
The Blue Bench is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants. People with disabilities, people of color, indigenous people, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org