Job Title: Therapist
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Supervision Duties: Intern(s)
Reports To: Clinical Manger
About The Blue Bench
At The Blue Bench, our mission is to eliminate sexual assault and diminish the impact it has on individuals, their loved ones and our community through comprehensive issue advocacy, prevention, and care. Our hope is to one day live in a world where sexual assault no longer exists; where there are no more victims, friends and families suffering in its wake. This is what inspires our efforts. And until that day comes, our work is not complete. Inspired by the courage of one another – as survivors, activists, advocates and community leaders, The Blue Bench has helped hundreds of thousands of Denver-area individuals find the courage to move from victim to survivor
The Blue Bench is seeking a therapist to join the Client Services Team. This position provides individual and group trauma therapy to survivors of sexual assault and sexual abuse; they participate in personal and professional development in order to engage in best practices. They provide clinical supervision to interns and engage in some community networking and outreach.
The ideal candidate is a trauma informed, compassionate clinician, who is passionate about working with survivors and as part of a team. They value self-determination and empowerment, are survivor-centered, and have a strong commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Provide individual and group therapy services
· Provide assessment and crisis intervention services
· Provide supervision to therapy interns
· Ensure that all documentation and clinical records are maintained according to clinical and ethical standards
· Collaborate with other community partners or mental health professionals as necessary
· Provide trainings/presentations within The Blue Bench as well as in the community
Life of the Organization
· Fully participate in organizational activities including staff meetings and learning times
· Serve as a member of the Client Services and Clinical Teams, with a collaborative approach to problem solving
Job Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Master or Doctorate level counseling, psychology, or clinical social work degree (Licensed preferred or license eligible)
· Trauma-informed and possess an understanding of the dynamics of sexual assault
· Understands the basis of trauma therapy and is able to utilize appropriate therapeutic interventions
· Ability to build rapport with clients and assess clinical needs from a trauma-informed culturally responsive perspective
· Understands and values equity as an organizational operating principle and is committed to continued learning on issues related to justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion
· Professional or lived experience of cultural influences on behavior in multicultural communities. Must be open to working with diverse populations.
· Knowledge of ethical and legal requirements of the mental health profession
· Organized work style, and able to engage in effective and problem-solving
This is an exempt position, and the salary range is $50,000 – $54,000 annually. Salary is negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
The Blue Bench is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants. People with disabilities, people of color, indigenous people, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Blue Bench offers a comprehensive benefit package including $300 employer contribution towards fully-funded medical plans, paid base dental, paid life insurance and long-term disability, as well as vision, short-term, and supplemental coverage options. We also offer generous paid vacation and sick/wellness time, and paid holiday leave that includes an end of year break between Christmas and New Year’s.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Therapist” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com