Job Title: Case Manager
Status: Full-Time, Non-exempt
Reports To: Advocacy Manager
About The Blue Bench
At The Blue Bench, our mission is to eliminate sexual assault and diminish the impact it has on individuals, their loved ones and our community through comprehensive issue advocacy, prevention, and care. Our hope is to one day live in a world where sexual assault no longer exists; where there are no more victims, friends and families suffering in its wake. This is what inspires our efforts. And until that day comes, our work is not complete. Inspired by the courage of one another – as survivors, activists, advocates and community leaders, The Blue Bench has helped hundreds of thousands of Denver-area individuals find the courage to move from victim to survivor.
The Blue Bench is seeking a Case Manager to join the Client Services Team. This position serves as an advocate for victims of sexual assault as they navigate through the criminal justice, medical and social service communities. The Case Manager assists clients with accessing needed resources, developing support systems and provides emotional support and crisis management to clients through the process of moving from being a victim to becoming a survivor; they also build and maintain partnerships in the community to support survivor needs.
The ideal candidate is a trauma informed and compassionate advocate, who is passionate about providing emotional support to survivors, while helping them navigate the systems, and connecting them to appropriate services. They are able to stay centered and focused in the midst of high emotion, have high emotional stamina and be a voice in the community on behalf of survivors. They are also flexible, adaptable, and have a strong commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Conduct comprehensive client needs assessments to create an effective trauma-informed case management plan.
· Provide individual crisis stabilization, immediate support, information and/or referrals
· Be on-call for hotline calls and hospital accompaniment to provide advocacy and emotional support
· Maintain regular contact with caseload. Remain organized and diligent around client needs and follow up contact.
· Possess or develop a clear understanding of various reporting, legal, medical, and application processes. Communicate this information to clients in a clear, effective manner
· Meet or Accompany victims to police departments, court proceeding, local Family Justice Centers and/or other community resources centers.
· Liaise and coordinate with police departments, district attorney offices, landlords, and other community partners.
· Engage in community networking and outreach to build partnerships and help ensure resources are trauma-informed, accessible, and culturally responsive
Life of the Organization
· Fully participate in organizational activities including staff meetings and learning times
· Serve as a member of the Client Services and Advocacy Teams, with a collaborative approach to problem solving
Job Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Experience in crisis response, case management and/or victim advocacy
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in human services, social work, psychology, counseling, sociology, or related field/experience
· Bi-lingual skills in English and Spanish preferred
· Understands and values equity as an organizational operating principle and is committed to continued learning on issues related to justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion
· Professional and/or lived experience with cultural influences on behavior in multicultural communities. Must be open to working with diverse populations
· Have an understanding of the issues surrounding sexual assault
· Able to establish and maintain community partnerships and survivor resources
· Experience collaborating with external partners and within a team setting
· Well organized and efficient at task management
· Flexible and adaptable to the ebbs and flows of an unpredictable workflow and work schedule
· Effective and innovative problem solver
This is a full-time non-exempt position, and the rate of pay is $42,500 – $46,000. Rate of pay is negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
The Blue Bench is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants. People with disabilities, people of color, indigenous people, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Blue Bench offers a comprehensive benefit package including $300 employer contribution towards fully-funded medical plans, paid base dental, paid life insurance and long-term disability, as well as vision, short-term, and supplemental coverage options. We also offer generous paid vacation and sick/wellness time, and paid holiday leave that includes an end of year break between Christmas and New Year’s.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Case Manager” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com