By Karen Moldovan, Director of Advocacy & Policy, CCASA
Stay on the track of restoring, not on the track of hero-ing.
I recently came across this quote, and it may be my motto when it comes to self-care. I would love to hear your thoughts about how this quote may resonate with you!
Here’s a snapshot of what I love to do. All of these activities keep me grounded in who I am and who I want to be, while giving me perspective on what truly matters in my life. In no particular order:
1. Spending time with my favorite little boy, Cody. Doesn’t he look handsome in his new harness?!:)
2. I’m a voracious reader, and I love nothing more than weekly walks to my neighborhood library to pick-up/return!
3. Traveling and spending time with my husband of almost 8 years!
4. Practicing yoga at my sweet neighborhood studio (Harmony Yoga in Denver).
5. Seeing my favorite band with old friends and new friends in various spots around the country!
Photo from .
Those are the vital parts of my life which keep me healthy, happy, and whole. I hope that you all start the New Year with re-committing or finding what does the same for you!