DETAILS: 40 hours per week (requires some work out of normal business hours)
$40,000 – $44,000 per year (exempt/salaried) with some benefits, based on qualifications. Bilingual Spanish/English candidates required.
SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Confidential Services Program Director, this position provides case management, crisis intervention, emotional support, prevention education, and advocacy to adult clients and/or residents and their families. This position requires daily contact with clients to assist in safety planning, coping skills, goal-setting, assessments, crisis intervention, and any other advocacy needed. Assistance with helping clients navigate applications for citizenship will also be required.
SKILLS: Background or education in the field of domestic violence, sexual violence, or teen dating violence is preferred. Training is available for the right candidate if experience in this field is limited, but you bring other relevant experience. Applicant must have a passion for working with survivors and the movement to end sexual and domestic violence. It is paramount that the applicant is a team player, but also can work effectively on their own. We highly encourage those that bring new and diverse perspectives to apply.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Advocacy for Clients
· Complete client intakes, assessments, and other necessary paperwork
· Provide crisis intervention and safety planning
· Assist clients with goal planning and coping skills
· Provide appropriate information and referrals
· On-going counseling (providing support and information)
· Legal Advocacy (assist with protection orders, navigating criminal justice system, court accompaniment, etc)
· Personal Advocacy (help clients with other hurdles such as obtaining an ID employment assistance locating mental health services, etc.)
· Respond to on-scene crisis intervention (include medical or SANE accompaniment, as needed)
· Assist with support groups for victims
· Provide scheduled back-up for 24/7 Safeline
· Maintain online and paper files for shelter clients
· Assist in providing coverage and helping with projects in the shelter as needed
· Assist in compiling client data for grant reports
· Assist in applying for small grants for specific client needs
· Assist with portions of volunteer training, as needed
· Develop and maintain working relationships with key community partners such as law enforcement, Department of Human Services, District Attorney’s Office, forensic nurses, mental health specialists, and other community resources
· Continue to research best practices for assessments, services, support, and programming
· Provide consistent evaluation of all services and programming provided
· Help with community outreach presentations, as needed
· Help host booths at different community events for outreach, as needed
· Assist with agency events and fundraisers, as needed and available
· Other tasks as assigned by the Program Director or Executive Director
· 100% Medical coverage for staff after first month of service.
· Dental, Vision, and Life insurance coverage available
· Participation in organization retirement account with savings match after 2 years of service
· Work with an inclusive, dynamic, energetic, compassionate team
Better Tomorrow is an equal opportunity employer.
Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is at the foundation of everything we do. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in the value of diversity across race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the fascinating characteristics that make each of us unique.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume AND cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes sent without a cover letter will not be considered. Cover letter must include why you want to work with survivors and why you want to work in Routt County (if you don’t currently live here). Please put in the subject line to your email which job you are applying for.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com