Website SAVA Center
Position Title: Bilingual Therapist
Reports to: Director of Clinical Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
The SAVA Center Bilingual Therapist provides confidential therapy services in Spanish and English to individuals age 3 and up who have been affected by sexual violence. The person in this role will work in Larimer and Weld County to provide individual and group therapy services to primary and secondary survivors. This position has the potential to be full-time, part-time, or contract. Hours will be determined based on the applicant’s qualifications and needs, and the SAVA Center’s needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide individual and group counseling to sexual assault victims/survivors. Provide other direct services as needed.
· Complete clinical documentation in a timely and ethical manner.
· Abide by SAVA policies and all ethical and legal guidelines related to the provision of clinical services per Colorado Law, HIPAA, and codes of ethics governed by your professional organization(s).
· Maintain professional, timely, and accurate clinical records.
· Assist with answering phones.
· Enter and maintain accurate client data in the database system.
· Assist with funder reporting requirements.
Other Related Duties:
· Assist with crisis hotline calls and walk-in clients.
· Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and clinical team meetings.
· Attend SAVA events in the community as needed.
· Follow established SAVA Center policies and procedures.
· Facilitate Foundations of Support workshops in Spanish and English as needed.
· Network with others in community partner organizations.
· Assist with the annual Soiree and other fundraising events as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Fluency in Spanish and English.
· Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, clinical psychology, or other clinical mental health services program.
· Licensure or licensure candidate in good standing as an LPC, LPCC, LCSW, LSW, LP, etc. in Colorado.
· Education and training providing counseling to individuals ages 3 and up.
· Experience with diagnosis of children, adolescents, and adults from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
· Understanding of ethics and Colorado law pertaining to clinical work.
· Excellent written communications.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· 2 years of experience providing counseling in Spanish.
· Licensure as an LPC, LCSW, LMFT, or LP.
· Credentialed as a Registered Play Therapist.
· 3 years of experience providing trauma-focused therapy to individuals impacted by sexual violence.
· Fully trained and experienced in an evidence-based practice applicable to working with survivors of trauma (e.g., EMDR, CPT, TF-CBT, PCIT, etc.).
· Excellent public speaking skills.
· Strong organizational and leadership skills.
· Strong knowledge of community resources.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Communication & Interaction:
· Fluency in speaking and writing English and Spanish.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse group of people.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
· Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as necessary to meet SAVA Center needs.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
· Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
· Ability to maintain accurate records and enter client data according to prescribed timelines.
· Culturally responsive and able to work with diverse populations.
SAVA Center is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. SAVA prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit savacenter.org.