JOB TITLE: SAFEHOUSE Case Manager
REPORT TO: Safehouse Manager
TIME REQUIREMENT: 40 hours a week, non-exempt
PAY RATE: $18.27/hr.
SYNOPSIS: The person in this position is responsible for providing case management, advocacy, crisis intervention, and safety planning for clients in the Safehouse. Evenings, weekends, and on-call shifts maybe required when needed. TESSA is an equal opportunity employer.
CLIENT AND PROGRAM SERVICES
- Treat clients with respect, dignity, and empathy utilizing Trauma Informed Care best practices.
- Provide education, information, and support to Safehouse clients (adults and children) through advocacy and empowerment-based case management services.
- Maintain confidentiality as directed by the client, or by TESSA’s mandatory reporting obligations.
- Work cooperatively with other agencies and individuals (e.g., Colorado Springs Police Department’s Office Advocates, El Paso County Sherriff’s Office Advocates, District Attorney’s Advocates, Department of Human Services staff) involved with the client to ensure comprehensive service delivery for clients.
- Provide intake interviews, follow-up screenings, and assessments of victims requesting safe housing.
- Provide individualized guidance and goal planning with clients on, at minimum, a weekly basis.
- Provide on-call services, after hours on a rotation basis, with the Safehouse staff.
- Develop and demonstrate knowledge and expertise regarding domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Facilitate support groups, life skills and informational classes, and Safehouse client meetings, as required.
- Communicate necessary information in the Safehouse log and follow up as needed.
- Be involved in programs, initiatives, and Safehouse rules designed to develop and promote self-sufficiency of Safehouse clients.
- Meet regularly with the Safehouse Manager to review assigned caseload and other meetings.
- Adhere to work schedule and be available to provide back-up coverage if needed.
- Provide training, instruction, guidance, and support to other staff, volunteers, and interns.
- Understand department objectives and how they relate to the goals of the agency.
- Provide coverage to other programs when needed, which may include but is not limited to, attending court hearings, conducting victim outreach, providing court support, assisting with walk in clients, and responding to call-outs.
- Participate in general client and house maintenance such as cleaning rooms when clients leave the Safehouse, supplying of linen and personal items, and ensure maintenance of the facility as a sanitary and safe environment.
- Support clients in areas including but not limited to, self-sufficiency, employment, housing, childcare, and other long-term solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring clients abide by the rules, regulations, and other policy procedures, and that appropriate action is taken if not.
- Provide statistical information and reports on all assigned cases.
- Maintain accurate documentation on every contact with the client.
- Maintain client files and ensure that all appropriate documentation is represented in each file
- Complete accident & incident reports and submit them to the Safehouse Manager.
- Prevent, identify, and remove discriminatory barriers in services provided.
- Recognize that we all hold attitudes and beliefs that can detrimentally influence our perceptions of and interactions with others.
- Recognize the importance of multicultural sensitivity, responsiveness to, knowledge of, and understanding about diversity.
- Apply the principles of multiculturalism and diversity in training and staff development.
- Apply culturally appropriate skills in all interactions with clients, staff, volunteers, partner agencies, and other community members.
- Use organizational change processes to support culturally informed policies and procedures.
- Deliver services in a manner that is respectful and sensitive to the client’s cultural experience.
- Commit to TESSA’s organizational mission, vision, and operating philosophy of Trauma Informed Care.
- Provide assistance to Safehouse clients and in the management of their children’s behavior when necessary.
- Understand, support, and implement organizational initiatives and strategic plans.
- Attend program, department, and agency staff and other relevant meetings and trainings as required.
- Other duties and projects as requested by supervisor or Chief Executive Officer
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field and/or two years relevant experience; experience working with victims of domestic violence or sexual assault.
- Able to work evenings and weekends, as well as occasional on-call shifts when needed.
- Must be willing to complete and able to pass background and child abuse and neglect history checks.
- Experience developing and conducting life skills or educational classes to adults and children is preferred.
- Excellent organization, communication (verbal and written), problem solving, listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to give attention to detail while being able to see the big picture.
- Displays a positive attitude, works well with others, and accepts direction well.
- Able to work well in stressful and emotionally taxing circumstances and engage in effective self-care.
- Self-starter; comfortable working autonomously and in teams.
- Able to independently use a computer for word documents, spreadsheets, presentations, email, internet research, data entry and data management.
- Possess vision and hearing sufficient to work on a computer, on the telephone and in person.
- Ability to lift 50lbs, intermittently.
- Valid driver’s license and car insurance with reliable transportation.
To Apply Please Visit www.TESSAcs.org/employment
TESSA is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.TESSAcs.org.