Self-Care in the New Year Series: CCASA’s Karen Moldovan
By Karen Moldovan, Director of Advocacy & Policy, CCASA
Stay on the track of restoring, not on the track of hero-ing.
I recently came across this quote, and it may be my motto when it comes to self-care. I would love to hear your thoughts about how this quote may resonate with you!
Here’s a snapshot of what I love to do. All of these activities keep me grounded in who I am and who I want to be, while giving me perspective on what truly matters in my life. In no particular order:
1. Spending time with my favorite little boy, Cody. Doesn’t he look handsome in his new harness?!:)
2. I’m a voracious reader, and I love nothing more than weekly walks to my neighborhood library to pick-up/return!
3. Traveling and spending time with my husband of almost 8 years!
4. Practicing yoga at my sweet neighborhood studio (Harmony Yoga in Denver).
5. Seeing my favorite band with old friends and new friends in various spots around the country!
Those are the vital parts of my life which keep me healthy, happy, and whole. I hope that you all start the New Year with re-committing or finding what does the same for you!