Website Advocates of Lake County
Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Advocacy
Job Summary: The Finance Director (FD) is a thought-partner and leader in the Advocates of Lake County (ALC)’s strategic growth and expansion. Responsibilities include overall management and implementation of ALC’s financial systems and procedures, coordination of audit activities, management of grant financials and oversight of the ALC budget. This position requires a commitment to non-profit best practices, the ability to establish and maintain professional boundaries, strong communication skills, and the acceptance of social
and cultural diversity. Full-time, exempt, professional position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, analyze, and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all types of revenue; oversee financial, project/program, grants, and donor accounting.
- Coordinate the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors, and recommend changes as necessary.
- Coordinate annual budgeting process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budget; monitor progress and changes and keep ED abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Implement monthly accounting processes, including bookkeeping, payroll management, invoicing, and financial tracking of grants and funds. Maintain relationships with financial vendors, including outsourced CPA.
Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the organization’s financial policy and procedure documentation.
- Develop and track financial key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Other duties as assigned.
- A deep commitment to the Advocates of Lake County’s mission and strong alignment with ALC’s organizational values including diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in bookkeeping or accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit accounting practices and regulations.
- College degree in relevant field (may be substituted for relevant experience).
- Experience undergoing audits.
- Experience managing general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, tax filings, and banking procedures.
- High level of organization; impeccable attention to detail; proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple, competing priorities.
- Experience handling confidential information with a high degree of discretion.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint), Adobe (Acrobat DC), and the ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Experience with Quickbooks or the capacity to quickly learn.
At ALC, we believe valuable experience comes in many forms. If your background does not match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and experience could support our work to further the ALC mission.
We seek to build an organization that truly embodies the diverse experiences of our Lake County. We strongly encourage applications from people of color; immigrant, bilingual, and multicultural individuals; people with disabilities; members of the LGBTQ+ community; and people with other diverse backgrounds and lived experiences.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The majority of the work is performed in a general office setting. The job requires the capability of working at a personal computer for extended periods. This position will be based in the ALC administrative office in Leadville, CO and requires in-office presence at least three (3) days per week. Additional in-office days may be required during busier times of the year.
The working conditions described above are representative of those for an employee to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions of the role. ALC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
This position is grant funded and dependent upon ongoing grant funding. The majority of the current grant funding for this position is currently scheduled to end in October 2025, though ALC expects the funding will continue indefinitely as this funding has been continually renewed for forty years.
Salary range: $51,000 to $71,000. Generous reimbursement of health insurance on ALC’s ICHRA platform, employer-paid retirement plan, competitive paid time off policy in addition to 11 paid holidays/year.
Please submit your resume and cover letter expressing your specific interests to Meagan Gonzalez,
Executive Assistant, at email@example.com. Please include “Finance Director” in
the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org