LATINO VICTIM ADVOCATE
Website Alliance Against Domestic Abuse
Eliminate domestic violence and sexual assault.
Job Summary: The Latino Victim Advocate will provide advocacy services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, primarily Spanish speaking, in a safe and confidential environment as well as provide community outreach. 20 hours/week, reporting to the Executive Director.
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Provide direct services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, in Spanish to primarily Spanish speaking clients.
· Work with individual clients providing appropriate victim services including crisis intervention, emergency safehousing, advocacy, peer counseling, emergency services, referral to other agencies and accurate documentation.
· Provide legal advocacy to victims of domestic violence & sexual assault including court accompaniment for civil and criminal hearings.
· Provide community education and awareness training to Spanish speaking audiences. Conduct outreach efforts geared toward increasing awareness of AADA’s services to Spanish speakers.
· Recruit, train and supervise Spanish-speaking volunteer peer leaders who will work in the Latino community to raise awareness of services and prevent domestic violence and sexual assault.
· Attend weekly staff meetings, monthly supervision meetings with the Executive Director and will attend trainings as directed. This includes mandatory attendance in the 30-hour advocate training.
· Be on-call as scheduled. This will include at least one week and one weekend each month.
· Collecting data from evaluation forms sent to clients served and to outside agencies.
· Ensure that agency materials for Spanish-speaking clients are culturally -sensitive.
· Perform other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director as they relate to the day-to-day operations. These tasks include, but are not limited to: fundraising, administrative duties such as filing, data entry, statistical tracking, and office maintenance.
· Associated Degree or equivalent training/experience in domestic violence/sexual assault field preferred.
· Fluency in spoken and written Spanish and English required.
· Experience and knowledge on client-centered services and trauma-informed practice.
· Passion for implementing the mission of the organization.
· Able to work some nights and weekends.
· Exceptional written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
· Expertise and proven skills in organizational communication and outreach.
· Valid driver’s license, background check and motor vehicle record.
For more information on AADA, visit www.salidaalliance.org.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Point of contact for this job opening is Andrea Schulz-Ward, Executive Director. Application due March 10, 2017.
AADA is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
and an ‘At Will’ Employer
last updated 02/20/17
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.salidaalliance.org/employment-opportunities/ →