LINC Lead Navigator (Bilingual)
Transforming the criminal justice system to consistently honor the voice of every victim and to vigorously safeguard victims' rights.
Class: Full-time; Salaried; Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Program: Legal Information Network of Colorado (LINC)
Reports to: Legal Information Network Director
SUMMARY: The Lead Navigator is a full-time, grant funded position for the Legal Information Network of Colorado (LINC) program, a federal grant-funded program housed at Rocky Mountain Victim Law Center (RMvlc). The Lead Navigator oversees the operation of the LINC helpline and website (www.ColoradoLINC.org). The Lead Navigator is responsible for answering and coordinating the response to helpline calls (from client’s, other Navigators, and service providers) and for providing legal information and referrals as needed. The Lead Navigator has an in-depth understanding of the various legal systems and provides services in a victim-centered and trauma-informed way. The Lead Navigator is also responsible for updating and maintaining the LINC website.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Respond to calls on the helpline and conduct intakes as appropriate.
• Provide clients, Navigators, and service providers who contact LINC through the Helpline or website with information about how the legal system, both criminal and civil, works, and about specific legal issues.
• Provide clients, Navigators, and service providers who contact LINC through the Helpline or website with legal resources and referrals as appropriate.
• Support training and ongoing needs of Navigators, including encouraging teambuilding and collaboration with and among Navigators.
• Assist with communication between LINC Navigators and LINC through a variety of methods, including facilitation of teleconferences, list-serves, webinars, trainings, and meetings.
• Collect and maintain client and program data and manage all surveys and assessments in conjunction with the Legal Information Network Director and Principal Researcher’s assessment tools.
• Complete surveys with clients per LINC and RMvlc policies and procedures.
• Collect client and caller data per LINC and RMvlc policies and procedures.
• Oversee the day-to-day operation of the LINC website, including resource and other updates.
• Attend meetings and trainings as required by LINC and RMvlc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Spanish bilingual required.
• Extensive knowledge of the civil and criminal legal systems.
• Paralegal certificate or Juris Doctorate degree preferred.
• Understanding of the interplay of victim dynamics, victim trauma, and the response of victims involved in the legal system.
• Experience working in collaboration and partnership with victim service providers and multidisciplinary teams.
• Experience coordinating and facilitating trainings and meetings.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer literacy including MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and comfort with website updates (Drupal-based)
• High degree of energy, self-motivation, and flexibility.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history by email to Emily Tofte Nestaval, Executive Director at email@example.com. Please include “LINC Lead Navigator” in the subject line. Application materials will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications received prior to November 22, 2017 will be given priority. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org