DOVE’s mission is to provide culturally accessible services that empower and offer hope to Deaf and hard of hearing individuals who experience abuse. Our goal is to collaborate, educate, and advocate to end violence in the Colorado Deaf, DeafBlind, DeafDisabled, and Hard of Hearing communities.
Job Salary: $33,000 – $35,000/year based on qualifications.
Employment Status: Full-time.
Position includes health insurance, vacation, and sick leave benefits.
- Provide training and educational presentations to the DDBDDHH community, service providers, and DDBDDHH youth
- Coordinate information booths and community awareness events
- Develop, maintain, and distribute DOVE’s printed materials including brochures, flyers, training materials, visual aids, and handbooks
- Produce and distribute e-newsletter and all electronic communications including website, flyers, vlogs, and social media postings
- Carry a caseload that includes advocacy and support services to DOVE clients
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director
- Fluency in American Sign Language and the ability to communicate with DDBDDHH clients in their preferred mode of communication
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience with and knowledge of sexual assault, domestic violence, social justice, and anti-violence efforts
- Experience with public speaking, providing training, and facilitating educational activities to diverse audiences of all ages
- Creative self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines and to work as a team
- BA/BS degree; or 3 years in a human-services related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and basic graphic design and video editing programs
To Apply: Please email DOVE application form, cover letter, resume, and three references to Avi Haimowitz at email@example.com.
Position open until filled.
DOVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People who identify as survivors of abuse, Black Indigenous People of Color, bilingual/bicultural, with disabilities, and/or as LGBTQI are strongly encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://firstname.lastname@example.org. →