WINGS is a non-profit organization whose mission is to break the cycle and heal the wounds of childhood sexual abuse by providing education, advocacy and support to adult survivors, loved ones, providers and the community. We’re ushering in the day when all survivors and their supporters have the resources they need to speak about, heal from and thrive beyond childhood sexual abuse trauma.
Our organization has a 36-year history of providing qualified therapist referrals, therapist facilitated support groups and community and clinical education/outreach for adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse and their loved ones. To date, our services have primarily been offered across the Front Range of Colorado, while they are needed in every community.
As childhood sexual abuse is an issue that affects 1 in 4 women, 1 in 6 men, or 1 in 5 adults from all backgrounds and social locations, our goal is to develop and scale our specialized programming to meet the needs of this diverse and far-reaching population in ways that complement, but do not duplicate, existing services in the field.
WINGS is at a point of organizational development where we are assessing what it will take to enhance our existing programming to be truly scalable, replicable, inclusive, diverse and culturally responsive to meet the needs of adult survivors and their supporters in all regions of Colorado. We seek an experienced Program Director who can bring skills in clinical oversight, program design, delivery, evaluation, management and funding to our existing program efforts to take them to the next level. This position will be responsible for implementing existing program model while participating in organizational development work, making recommendations, aligning and implementing future program adaptations. This will include enhancing trauma-informed practices across the WINGS organization and in all aspects of our programming. This is a 40hr/week, benefited position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Direct all aspects of Services for Survivors program (currently consisting of 25 therapist-facilitated support groups each consisting of 8-10 members) and Education & Outreach programs, working to build these to scale in culturally responsive, inclusive and accessible ways across all regions of CO
2. Manage clinical team consisting of clinical supervisors, support group facilitators, and intake support specialist to successfully operate WINGS’ therapist-facilitated support groups in adherence with trauma-informed practices; devise strategies to grow infrastructure for state-wide reach
3. Lead organizational efforts to devise strategies to reach survivors from all locations, including marginalized groups (i.e. survivors of color, elderly survivors, non-English speaking survivors, survivors in rural and remote areas, survivors with disabilities, LGBTQI survivors, etc.)
4. Manage and/or collaborate with non-clinical program staff for core delivery of services (including, but not limited to: Manager of Outreach & Community Engagement, Office and Grant Manager, etc.) to ensure accurate tracking, evaluation and reporting of program data with goals of achieving high-impact results that meet client needs and also drive strong funding support
5. Oversee client-centered communication in all aspects of programming, including: providing information and referral services to survivors of childhood sexual abuse and their loved ones; enhance efficiency of systems and reach using technology (primarily Salesforce); customize communication based on service provision
6. Provide for the maintenance, enhancement and growth of all programs by analyzing program data and evaluation feedback from constituency groups (i.e. clinical team, group members/advisory committee(s), peer providers and partners), examining opportunities / challenges in the field; and making recommendations to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
7. Oversee curriculum creation and/or “packaging” of program components for internal and external audiences, ensuring that all protocols, procedures and practices are followed and documented by all program staff.
1. Other duties as assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Achievement Focus – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence.
Business Acumen – Aligns work with strategic goals. Conducts cost-benefit analyses. Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Displays orientation to profitability. Understands business implications of decisions.
Business Ethics – Inspires the trust of others. Keeps commitments. Treats people with respect. Upholds organizational values. Works with integrity and ethically.
Managing Customer/Client Focus – Develops new approaches to meeting client needs. Establishes customer service standards. Monitors client satisfaction. Promotes client focus. Provides training in customer service delivery.
Strategic Thinking – Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Analyzes market and competition. Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals. Identifies external threats and opportunities. Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses.
Visionary Leadership – Acts in accordance with vision. Executes on set priorities to fulfill the vision.
Although WINGS’ services are not “clinical” in nature, they rely on clinical frameworks to ensure safe and appropriate continuity of care. Therefore, a Master’s degree LCSW or LPC is preferred, with 3-5 years’ experience in somatic based healing strategies, as well as group facilitation and/or group supervision experience. Additionally, WINGS will be looking for a professional with 3-5 years’ additional experience designing, delivering and measuring culturally responsive, inclusive and accessible programming, preferably in the behavioral health and/or sexual assault field(s). Experience working with victim service agencies a plus. Comparable experience will be considered.
This position supervises 2-3 direct employee reports, 4-6 clinical supervisors and 60 volunteer facilitators. The ideal leader will be people-centered, solution-focused and strengths-based.
Microsoft Office 365/Sharepoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; experience with Salesforce database preferred.
The employee is required to drive throughout the state, as needed, and be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends, if needed.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Our Guiding Principles
Salary and Benefits:
WINGS values diversity and inclusion and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color and people who are bilingual/bicultural, Native/Indigenous, with disabilities, and/or identify as LGBTQI are strongly encouraged to apply. A competitive salary and benefits package is offered, commensurate with experience.
If you know you are a fit for this role and are ready to join WINGS in achieving our goals, please send your resume and cover letter answering the following four questions:
1) What would your greatest hopes be, if selected for this position?
2) What combination of skills, experience and attitude make you prepared for this role?
3) What would success look like for you, if you were in this position?
4) What type of support would be helpful to you to achieve this success?
Please send requested materials to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is February 26th. Applications without these materials will not be accepted. Thank you for your time and interest in working at WINGS!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org