Website Advocates of Lake County
Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Advocacy
Job Summary: The Program Sustainability Manager (PSM) is charged with sustaining existing funding streams, establishing new funding opportunities, and tracking the Advocates of Lake County (ALC)’s client and donor data. This position also covers the crisis coverage hotline five weeks/year. This position requires a commitment to assisting victims, outstanding grant writing and reporting skills, and acceptance of social and cultural diversity. Full-time, salaried, exempt professional position.
Grant Writing and Management (85%)
- Research and seek new grant opportunities for the agency.
- Write new grants and renewals of existing grants to maintain existing funding and secure new funding.
- Comply with grant writing and reporting requirements to maintain existing funding.
- Work with Advancement Director and Advocacy Director to ensure Salesforce database meets the agency’s needs (5%).
- Maintain grant folders and grant database (10%).
- Assist Advancement Director with the planning and execution of the annual fundraiser.
- Write donor acknowledgments and maintain the donor database for in-kind and financial donations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Client Services (5%)
- Cover the 24-hour crisis line five weeks/year and respond on-scene to provide emergency services to victims of crime.
- Provide crisis intervention, follow-up, support, advocacy, information and referrals t0 victims both in-person and over the phone (through the 24-hour crisis hotline).
- Effectively communicate all hotline activity to ALC staff.
- Immediately report suspected neglect/abuse to the Executive Director or Advocacy Director.
- Attend advocacy training as needed.
- Provide assistance with other direct services components of programming as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong emphasis on writing.
- Complete a background check and consent to be fingerprinted.
- Have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, proof of insurance and clean driving record.
- Commitment to the Advocates of Lake County’s mission and strong alignment with ALC’s organizational values including diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Enthusiasm for contributing to a working environment which is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
- High level of organization; impeccable attention to detail; proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple, competing priorities.
- Experience handling confidential information with a high degree of discretion.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Commitment to providing client-centered, empowerment-based services to victims of crime.
- Experience with nonprofits and grant writing.
- Master’s Degree in a social services field.
- 1-5 years’ experience in grant writing, fundraising, or donor management.
- Strong understanding of issues facing individuals experiencing homelessness and victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and other violent crimes.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The majority of the work is performed in a general office setting. The job requires the capability of working at a personal computer for extended periods. This position will be based in the ALC administrative office in Leadville, CO and requires in-office presence at least three (3) days per week. Additional in-office days may be required during busier times of the year. While on-call, PSM must be able to respond to Lake County within 45 minutes of dispatch.
The working conditions described above are representative of those for an employee to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions of the role. ALC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Career Track: This position is grant funded and dependent upon ongoing grant funding. The majority of the current grant funding for this position is currently scheduled to end in October 2025, though ALC expects the funding will continue indefinitely as this funding has been continually renewed for forty years.
Salary range: $46,000 to $55,000. Generous reimbursement of health insurance on ALC’s ICHRA platform, employer-paid retirement plan, competitive paid time off policy in addition to 11 paid holidays/year.
Please submit your resume and cover letter expressing your specific interests to Meagan Gonzalez, Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Program Sustainability Manager” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com