Victim Advocate (Bilingual English/Spanish required)
We are moving to end sexual assault and the suffering it causes.
Moving to End Sexual Assault (MESA) is seeking a full-time Victim Advocate (Bilingual English/Spanish required). The Victim Advocate will be responsible for providing crisis intervention, support, and referrals to clients impacted by sexual assault and their loved ones.
The Victim Advocate will maintain strong relationships with agencies in the criminal justice system, service providers and partnering agencies to best serve clients. The Victim Advocate also will provide psychoeducation on Moving to End Sexual Assault (MESA) services and issues of sexual violence to the Boulder County community.
Some Essential Functions:
- Provides victim advocacy, outreach, support services, and criminal justice system advocacy to sexual assault survivors and their significant others
- Provides in the moment crisis support through the MESA telephone hotline and text hotline
- Is the primary victim advocate on the hotline during weekdays and is on call on overnights shifts one night per week, with additional nights as needed
- Provides in-person accompaniment with clients to hospitals for SANE exams and police interviews
- Maintains case load of clients requiring short term and longer-term victim advocacy for cases going through the criminal justice process
- At least 2 years relevant experience with sexual violence and/or crisis intervention required
- Must have understanding of issues and dynamics of sexual assault
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.