Website Project Safeguard
Justice and Safety for Victims of Domestic and Sexual Violence
Project Safeguard empowers and partners with people who have experienced gender-based violence, helping them to navigate a course of survivor-driven justice through expert, trauma-informed legal advocacy, and representation. Project Safeguard envisions a community where survivor-driven justice is accessible to all people who have experienced gender-based violence.
Project Safeguard truly believes in work/life balance and values the wellbeing of its staff. A position with Project Safeguard presents the opportunity to work with a dedicated team that makes a valuable difference in our community.
The successful candidate for this position will ensure that Project Safeguard’s services are appropriate, accessible, and available to Spanish-speaking and other individuals seeking services in the 17th Judicial District – Adams and Broomfield Counties. The Bilingual Legal Advocate must be able to accomplish all required job responsibilities in both English and Spanish.
• Work with Project Safeguard staff and the staff of Adams and Broomfield County Courts to ensure the effectiveness of the program in these locations.
• Provide culturally responsive legal information, assistance, safety planning and referrals to domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking victims.
• Collaborate with Project Safeguard’s Adams County Legal Advocacy Program Coordinator and Adams County Staff Attorney.
• Provide culturally responsive information on services provided by PSG and respond to survivors’ civil legal advocacy needs, in English and Spanish.
• Accompany clients to temporary and permanent protection order hearings and other court proceedings as appropriate.
• Maintain a close working relationship with other Project Safeguard staff for support and exchange of resources and best practices.
• Network, coordinate, and advocate with other advocacy programs, service providers and agencies on behalf of Project Safeguard and its clients.
• Attend Adams County Domestic Violence High Risk Team meetings and respond to requests for service.
• Attend Adams County Family Justice Center meetings.
• Establish/maintain working relationships with Adams County law enforcement agencies, department of human services, judicial officers, clerks, and courthouse staff.
• Attend and participate in all required Project Safeguard meetings, including weekly advocates’ meeting and bi-monthly staff meetings.
• Provide technical assistance and training to agencies on Project Safeguard services and/or gender-based violence.
• Maintain accurate and current client and programmatic records, data, and statistics as required, utilizing the Salesforce database system.
• Facilitate warm hand offs to partner agencies as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Experience working with survivors of gender-based violence or knowledge of the issues preferred.
• Investment in and connection to the Adams County community.
• Basic understanding of the civil legal system.
• Clear and helpful oral and written communication.
• Ability to take the initiative to establish and maintain relationships with partner agencies.
• Ability to work independently.
• Commitment to social justice and equity.
Annual salary range of $40,872 to 46,872; excellent benefits, including parking or public transit pass, health, dental, vision and disability insurance, employer match to Simple IRA retirement plan; flexible work schedule and generous paid leave. This is a full-time position at 36 hours/week (PSG offices are closed Friday afternoons).
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required for all Project Safeguard staff. Medical or religious exemptions
will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Adams County Courthouse, 1100 Judicial Center Dr., Brighton, 80601; Room 151
This is an in-person position, with occasional flexibility to work from home with prior approval of the Program Manager.
Send a cover letter detailing your interest in Project Safeguard, the position and telling us why we should hire you, along with your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin the process of reviewing applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Project Safeguard is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com