Crisis Hotline & Volunteer Coordinator
The Blue Bench has a 37 year history of serving as Metro Denver’s only Sexual Assault, Prevention and Care Center. Our mission is to eliminate sexual assault and diminish the impact it has on individuals, their loved ones and our community through comprehensive issue advocacy, prevention and care.
Job Summary: The Crisis Hotline & Volunteer Coordinator oversees the recruitment, training, evaluation, engagement, and retention of all volunteers that work with the organization. The Coordinator is responsible for successfully matching volunteer skill-sets with organizational needs to ensure a volunteer program that enhances the overall quality of services provided to agency clients. This position serves as the coordinator and primary contact for The Blue Bench’s 24-hour Hotline and Hospital Advocates, who work primarily with victims/survivors of sexual assault and abuse. The Coordinator will provide excellent holistic support to both clients through direct service and volunteers through regular supervision.
Job Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university plus experience in volunteer management, preferable with a non-profit organization, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge and experience requirements.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer and technology skills.
- An understanding of the impact of trauma.
- Strong crisis intervention skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train and manage all volunteers on an ongoing basis.
- Develop recruitment materials and engagement activities to encourage and support a diverse population of volunteers.
- Maintain and contribute to a strategic plan which focuses on sustainable goals for the volunteer program.
- Implement consistent interview procedures that highlight specific volunteer qualification requirements. Conduct all hiring and interview processes for new volunteers.
- Maintain volunteer management database and intra-net through the Volgistics platform
- Maintain a variety of community engagement initiatives including with viable sources for ongoing recruitment of volunteers, presenters, and community partners.
- Organize & facilitate the 40-hour intensive training of volunteers on a quarterly basis.
- Provide ongoing support and supervision of volunteers by facilitating monthly meetings, coordinating speakers, and providing in-services. Create and implement processes to address volunteer motivation to ensure a positive and supported volunteer experience.
- Maintain confidential records in order to document required information.
- Manage monthly calendars to ensure volunteer coverage of essential duties.
- Log statistics of calls from the 24-hour hotline as well as services provided by hospital advocates, and prepare quarterly reports for grant purposes.
- Evaluate the Volunteer Program participants, goals, and objectives.
- Evaluate and supervise the activities of the volunteers on a daily basis in order to ensure continuity of services.
- Support volunteers through regular feedback on calls, and general support around needs for successful continuation in the program.
- Conduct annual evaluation of volunteer program.
- Be an integral part of community and public relations.
- Promote volunteer services to reflect the agency’s mission and standards.
- Coordinate Supply Drive program with community groups and agencies.
- Provide presentations to individuals and community groups about The Blue Bench’s services.
- Collaborate with the development team to coordinate volunteer support for annual and single-occurrence community initiatives and fundraisers.
- Develop collaborations with community agencies to enhance services to survivors.
- Provide direct services to clients and on-call
- Respond to calls from clients on the 24-hour sexual assault crisis hotline.
- Provide on-call services as a hospital advocate to individuals who have been recently sexually assaulted.
- Provide support and help with problem-solving for volunteer advocates as staff-on-call.
The Blue Bench is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants. People with disabilities, people of color, indigenous people, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Ariane Walder at email@example.com or visit our website for more information.
To apply for this job please visit thebluebench.org.